Over one million families with children are missing out on up to £2,000 a year towards childcare costs. Even if you claim benefits you may be eligible for further help such as Holiday Activities and Food Programme.

If you are at least 10 weeks pregnant you might be eligible a Healthy Start Card. This card can help you with the costs of fruit, vegetables, milk and infant formula.

Check if you are eligible for help

  • Use this calculator to find out how much you could get towards approved childcare. This includes free childcare for children aged between two and four. You may also find help with childcare costs if your child is under 16 or under 17 and disabled
  • Are you a New Forest resident of working age who claims means-tested benefits, such as Universal Credit or Employment and Support Allowance? If so, you may be eligible to apply for Council Tax Support
  • Get free and impartial energy saving advice to help manage energy costs and keep your home warm. Hampshire County Council Hitting the Cold Spots – 0800 804 8601
  • If you or your child receive certain benefits, you can apply to Hampshire County Council for free school meals from Year 3 and above
  • Check if your child is eligible for free holiday provision through the Holiday Activities and Food Programme running in the summer and Christmas holidays
  • If you’re at least 10 weeks pregnant or have a child under four years old, you might be able to get free vitamins and also a Healthy Start card for milk, fruit and vegetables and infant formula milk
  • You may be eligible for help from the Household Support Fund

Go back to get more help with cost of living