Gas, electric and other energy costs are rising. If you are struggling with energy debts or if you think you may get into difficulties with energy bills there is help and advice available to you.

If you need help sort out a debt or get further advice on what help is available to you, contact us as soon as you can.

Check if you are eligible for help

  • Contact your energy supplier if you already have energy debts, some larger suppliers offer grants to help pay this off 
  • If your supplier can’t help check if you can get a grant from the British Gas Energy Trust. These grants are available to anyone even if you are not a British Gas customer
  • Contact Citizens Advice New Forest – 0808 278 7860 for help with energy bills and latest grants available
  • You could be eligible for up to £140 discount off your energy bill via the Warm Home Discount Scheme
  • Households with an income of less than £30,000 p.a living in a home with an EPC rating of E,F or G could be entitled to energy efficiency improvements via the Warmer Homes Programme
  • Get free and impartial energy saving advice to help manage energy costs and keep your home warm. Hampshire County Council Hitting the Cold Spots – 0800 804 8601

You may also be eligible for help from the Household Support Fund

Go back to get more help with cost of living